System in The Bahamas

Statistically, if you are hit by a tropical system, there is a about  a one in four chance you will be hit by at least one other tropical system of some kind in the same year.  If you think about that it makes sense, since the “steering currents” and formation zones tend to follow larger climatalogical patterns.  Unfortunately, it also increases the misery of those impacted by a major storm and those trying to help them, even if they don’t become named storms.  We’re seeing this with The Bahamas (BTW, for those grammar nazi wannabes who asked 😛 , yes, the “T” is supposed to be capitalized when referring to the country since it’s a proper part of the name).  There is a disorganized system approaching from the east, being tracked as AL952019, with clouds and showers starting to spread over the islands …

NHC gives this thing a 40% chance of spinning up in the next two days, and a 60% by the time it reaches the Gulf of Mexico.  The track models currently have it as a weak system approaching the coast of, um, one of those states in the Eastern GOMEX between Florida and Louisiana.  Not saying the name.  Too politically sensitive right now …

3 thoughts on “System in The Bahamas

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.